Thursday, January 16, 2014

7 gifts

DAY 5:GLUTTONY


Finally I was out of the hospital. Oddly enough they let me out! they said surprisingly I was completely fine, which didn't make sense because honestly my throat just caved in, which wasn't physically possible.  The day after I got out of the hospital my mother has been feeding me as much food as I wanted. And I 'm not talking about good healthy food. I'm talking about pizza; burgers and fries.  The delicious poisons of the earth. But hey, I'm a medical miracle, might as well have something to eat. Ben kept ranting how God saved my life; and how Satan was the one who made my throat caved in, even though he did not understand what that meant.  He tried to write exactly what he said on my walls, but I threw away his markers before he got the chance.  I really need to ask who eats seven pizzas in less than one hour. I was definitely going to gain some pounds. So, when I went on the scale, I expected to see something like 79 or 83, nothing too bad. I mean I am a pretty skinny kid, if people wanted to bully me, they definitely would call me pencil neck. Thank God they don't!
But on my scale, it read one hundred and eighty three pounds.  I went to skinny to zaftig to gluttonous. "Ma, I think I gained a few pounds!"
"What 3 or so, that's only baby fat"
" I think a 103 would be more accurate" " I can barely make it through the door!"

When I got downstairs, my mother still suggested that I eat some more, my mom was serving soup. Ben got a... slightly bigger bowl than I did, which meant more soup for him.  When I was done with my soup and I felt pretty full, he barely touched his. I grabbed it from his greedy hands "Hey, give it back!!", he screamed, trying to hoard it all for himself. I was doing the bowl a good deed. If he wasn't going to eat it, he should give it to someone more needy.  As he tried to grab it again, I smacked his hands off. With a cold hard bang, he started to bawl.
"Mama, He stole my soup!!"
"He needs it more than you Ben. He's growing fast!"
"Thou shall not steal, it's the 8th commandment!"
"Rules can be broken Ben."
He shut down. He stopped talking, and went to his happy place. I now how it felt. Him vs the world. But it was really good soup...

No comments:

Post a Comment