Wednesday, January 29, 2014

7 Gifts

DAY 6: GREED

I'm realizing what all of this is. The eating, the throat collapsing, all of that. This is my punishment, the...the...Ah forget it, I'm wasting my time. Something too precious to waste. If God wanted to punish me, why not just take my soul, throw it into purgatory, or Hell even, than make me pay for my "Crimes" for the rest of eternity.
I was walking through 125th Ave, when a Man stopped me.
"Please, missa, please, can I have a dolla?"
"Learn to speak then I'll give you one."
Normally, I'd give him something. But my money's worth alot more. That slob can get employed can't he? Why should I waste something I worked for.
I needed one thing. Food. Nothing fancy. Three bucks for a hamburger is a rip off.
"Hello, welcome to McDonalds young man. Four For dollars, you can get 3 Big Mac's, Today only."
"I just want one."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. I came for one, and one only."
"It's only an extra-"
"ONE IS ALL I NEED!"
My screams shook the building. I came here for me. Not for Ma, or Ben.
"Here ya go young man."
Finally, As I was walking by, a Priest was inviting people in for Mass.
"Come for the word of the lord is being spoken. Young Man, Come."
I wasn't going to spend my time listening to someone who is preaching something that's not true. God and I don't have familiar relations.
"No thanks. I'm not looking for Salvation or any of that junk. Just want to go home."
"But-"
"NO."

"Your boy Nexus, he isn't learning his lesson. I fear his soul shall be in my judgement soon."
"Kill em. That'll teach him a lesson. Ya did the same to me."
"You just want him with you Nexus."
"Yes, yes I do. I want to give my family a proper life. Didn't get to see Ben's birth. And I don't care If I need to watch em Die, I want them here, now, and forever."
"It's time for my last two lessons."
"But I need to ask you, the throat collapsing, was that you."
"...No...I fear someone else is dealing the cards of life and sin on the Table. Get Dante"

No comments:

Post a Comment