Thursday, February 27, 2014

"Ya think you know comics, right?" part 4

I've been realizing you guys can't fully read these posts, and I don't know why. I'll try to repost them using drive or something. So, last time we did the Marvel baddies, but let's get some DC crooks.


The Joker
Yes, we all now he is insane. But, like Batman, what can we diagnose him with, and on top of that, can he become a normal person. This was the hardest one to dig up, and in order to diagnose him, let's get his background first. In the comics, he has tons of allesies, such as Joe Kerr (I see what he did there.), and Jack Noel. However, his real name is Jack Napier. Now, sadly, this isn't from the original comics, but the 80's film, Batman. this would be adopted throughout the 80's and 90's, and on top of that, the Animated Series (best show ever) also uses this as his name. In the Movie, he was always a criminal and basically, a bad person through and through. But, using the story form the best Batman story I think, The Killing Joke, he originally was a working lab rat dare we say, making tons of money. But instead, he tried comedy. This failed horribly, like on of Yin Yan Awesome's jokes. So, trying to support his wife and unborn baby, he went to crime. Under the guise of the Red Hood, he helped break into a Chemical Plant. Basically, a visor with no real eye holes and cape doesn't make you invisible, and he falls and burns his skin from the chemicals. Physically scarred, his face was altered so bad he couldn't understand who he was. But, sadly, the very mafia he was working for had killed his wife. All of these apparently drove him insane. Or did they? According to Batman: Arkham City, he has a knack for killing the very doctors who are trying to help him.
Joker:You Promised me another doctor.
Hugo Strange: Maybe you should've killed the on I sent last week. What made you do it?
Joker: Fish gotta Swim, Birds gotta fly. Besides, it was worth it to see the look on her face. Hey, you know what, I think I have a piece of it in my pocket. 
Hugo: You are trying my patience. That's the third doctor you've killed.
Joker: Keep on sendin' 'em doc. I'm trying to break my record.

This shows how little he cares for Human life, and not just that, but for authority. I wanted to try him with Oppositional defiant disorder, but he just doesn't fit the bill. APSD, or Antisocial personality disorder though, fits perfectly. For one, he has no regard for authority, a lack of remorse to those he's hurt, cannot conform to society's rules, he deceives people constantly, using allesies, and reckless disregard for safety of self or others. Look it up for yourself. See how insane he is. But, insane or sane, he is the worlds best comic book villain. Comment on what you've learned.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting diagnosis of super villains. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny because every time I hear the word "doctor", an awesome thought pops into my head. Oh, and btw, my blog is yellowthere123.blogspot.com, just incase you wanted to know.

    ReplyDelete