Monday, March 31, 2014

So...What's the deal with ELA

Really, I'm not so fond of it. Honestly, it just stinks. Stinks Really Bad, like the flood.
(Master chief under his helmet)

Honestly, I get the hype on it, but...
A. The test isn't really that necessary, there are better ways to see if kids should graduate
B. What's all the hype, it's some stupid test, not the BAR.
C. After 5th grade, you've already applied to your middle school, no point in testing, their not going to see it, and if they do, what do they care? They already accepted you.
D. All of the above.

I've done some rants before, but they weren't serious. I making a rap about how I feel about Survival Horror game, yet Slendie and I are best bros. But this time, I'm dead serious on what I say.
So, first of, the tests take a lot of time to prepare for, and they stress you out some much to the point you doubt yourself. You lose half of your year writing some dumb essays that wont help your career as a writer if you choose to be one. "Hey, I'm going to write a book on a kid who writes essays. Better use transition words!". Yeah, that'll make you a million dollar author. And, isn't preparing for the test like cheating. Really, Super Laurens Disco and Leandro's Summer Mansion are cheat codes on the test (A, b, up up, b, y X, triple turn and jump (You've won the ELA games.))
There's a lot of context that only those who are in my class will get, but who cares. Figure it out.
Then, with the stress, imagine you read a passage on Birds, and you get a question like this.

Compare and Contrast Birds to Humans.
Be sure to include...

  • How Stacy's Mom likes Birds.
  • How the Eagle can pick up Hot dogs,
  • And how you just don't want to rip this test up now.
Then you begin to second guess yourself. Really, like 20 C's in a row doesn't look suspicious.
I think Lynx can finish the rest of this.


3 comments:

  1. I couldn't disagree more. I thought I had taught you the real value of the test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think you feel this way, just think of kids who have been less fortunate and who really have difficulty testing. For them it's a nightmare. You, you're going to rock this test. Big difference.

    ReplyDelete