Wednesday, March 5, 2014

7 Gifts

PURGATORY

You know when your asleep, and you feel times pacing, and you can barely make out your dreams. That's Purgatory. Except...your awake. You feel things. But your stuck in Limbo. With nothing to do, no one to speak too, and your thoughts sound real. Hell was more fun. At least I could feel pain to help it.
But then I see him. 7 of em. All of them have my face. One is counting his money, another screaming into the sky. One is so consumed with thought, he can't take the time to realize he's not real. One has a puffed up chest, speaking horrible words to me in Latin. My hand slides down my face. Tears well up in my eyes from boredom. IT NEVER ENDS!!! My punishment. And I only have myself to blame, and to hate, and to curse at. Why? What is there more to do!
"I AM YOUR VESSEL. COMMAND ME! WHAT SHALL I DO FOR YOU!!??" I scream at the clouds. After what seems to be a lifetime, a box falls to my feet. Then a knife. Dues Ex Machina. The answer. The solution. I don't know what to do with these. I want to see what's in the box, but the voice in the back of my head tells me not to open it. But what if it's supplies? Or a way to see Ben and Ma.
But I can't show my face after what I've done. What about Dad. He's a Grim, the guy who pointed a gun to my head a week ago. My life is screwy. I need to get back on my feet. I know what I need to do. 
I hand the box to the bad me's, waiting to see what they do. If their as stupid as I think, I'll be out of here.
What I see I cannot describe. To do so would destroy innocence and bliss. But I'll tell you this, the knife was useful.
Sin incarnate is what I see. And that thing felt the weight of God's hand on my blade. But...wait. Sin incarnate. I fear the wrath of someone not above, but below.

No comments:

Post a Comment