Wednesday, February 26, 2014

7 Gifts

HELL

My bones burn and ache, and I feel warm. Not warm like a new pair of sheets, but the warm that sends you home from school. The type of warm that makes sweat roll down your cheeks. A warm I don't find comforting. I wish, and I hope, that when a lift my eyelids, I'll be in the clouds, looking down to Ben and Mother. Ben. I miss his annoying rants about the bible. Ben. I miss his optimistic attitude at the world. Ben. I miss his cool brown hair and silky skin. Ben.
But I must be alive, cause if heaven is like this, the bible has lied to me. Flames spit in my eye as I walk alone. Without guidance. Without Faith. Without my footsteps. Just Bones, suffering and flame. This is Hell. A poor soul leads me with his shrieks. A beggar. At least he has cloths on his back.I have none. Or do I. I can't tell, because my whole body is numb. I see a ferry, with a hooded man. I'm sick of this numbness, so I'd do anything to join him.
"How much for a ride."
"For your greed, you have nothing to give."
"Please, give me a ride."
"My left eye...it is blind. You, however see perfectly. I want my sight."
"But-"
"How is a man to pilot this ferry being blind?"
His words ring in my ear. Greed. I was to selfish to give a dollar to that man. My eye is a small price to pay for redemption.
"Ride, and at the end, I expect payment in full."
Suddenly, my vision becomes clearer when I pay him. So clear in fact, I'm seeing things that shouldn't be there. I see Ben, and Mom, and...a man. Who is he? Hmmm. Something tells me I'm going the right way. I feel small. Realizing how pride led to greed, which led to...The 7 Deadly Sins. I've been committing all of them without realizing What I've done. That's why I gave my eye, to reconcile the greed. Yet I see even better! That's it. I must give back. what good I've taken from the world.
"Good Luck trying, pretty boy. Cause I've got some aces in my deck."

He's learned his lesson. Now just send him here. 
Nexus, you and I both know that he has just learned, not reconciled.
He gave his Eye!
Has he cured the wrath of others, or humbled himself. He has just learned. Let him fix the damage.
THIS WASN'T THE DEAL
Yes, but there is a new deal we both aren't part of. Hope your boy knows poker.

2 comments: