Friday, November 8, 2013

7 Gifts

Day 1: PRIDE

I woke up feeling good. Really good. Like I had won the lotto.
Then I looked at my room. It was garbage. Not just the junk on my wall, but the whole thing. The walls were a bright blue with green hexagons. The floor was a crisp golden wood. Yet... This just didn't fit me.
"Mom! Can Ben take my room?"
"But you love your room!"
"Never mind" 
Ben's room was even worse. I needed to get out of this dump.

"Calin, Go get dressed!"
"For What!"
"School,lazy head"
"School! That dumb thing that's supposed to make you smarter. I deserve to be taught by professionals, not those fakers called teachers! Take Ben to that, not me."
"Oh, I hope you don't mean that, beacuse one of those fakers is the woman who gave birth to you! So what's the deal, you read Dante's inferno and you want to see if he'll punish you. Your dad loved to eat..."
More than he loved me,I thought
"He loved to eat so much that he punished your dad ultimately, he took him down there."
"He-"
"Watch it young man! You're grounded by the way."
"Good, gives me something to do."
"Then I'll just throw away your video games on that cheery note."
"They were all garbage any way.
"Calin, don't make me make you sleep outside tonight."

During lunch, I walked to Zara's. I swiped my moms credit card on the way to school, the dump, as I'd call it.
I found some really nice cloths, but they were 200 dollars. I really wanted them.
I should've burnt the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment